December 11, 2013

a marshall tradition // #tacotuesdays

We don't have many traditions in the Marshall household yet, but we do have Taco Tuesdays. Every Tuesday for as long as I can remember, we have tacos. It's nothing new and exciting, but it is special to us. They are simple and quite delicious in my book. I originally used the store-bought-pretty-much-all-salt seasoning, but then one day, I had an epiphany, "Why not create my own?" Plus for the amount of tacos we eat, it made complete sense and I should have slapped myself for not thinking of it sooner.

My recipe has been a work in progress for the last few months, but I personally think I have hit the sweet spot with this one. It has the perfect balance of ingredients - not too spicy, not too sweet. I have shared it with a few people - my mom, mother-in-law & best friend. They all say it's delicious, but they could all be biased for all we know. So I'll let you be the judge! Feel free to adjust if need be, but I don't think it's necessary :) Now for the moment you've been waiting for - my top secret taco seasoning!

Now, all you have to do is brown 1 lb. of ground beef until all the pink is gone. Add homemade taco seasoning and 2/3 cup of water to beef, give it a stir & bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce heat & cover. Cook until most liquid is gone - about 10 or so minutes.

See what I told you? Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Too much? Never. Now for the best part.......
Now tell me, do you have any traditions with your family? And let me know if you give the seasoning a try. I'd love to know if you made any changes!

  1. we don't have taco nights but we do love it when we have tacos for dinner! homemade taco seasoning sounds so delicious. gosh we only make holiday traditions and not regular ones. we should think of one start. i love making and keeping them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start some little food traditions like this. Taco Tuesday is always a classic choice. These look scrumptious :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try this seasoning with tofu! Tofu Taco Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete