September 27, 2013

life lately


Before yesterday, it had been almost a month since my last post. Time flies when you're busy! I figured I would give a little update on life and what I've been up to.

+ We moved at the end of August into a 3 bedroom house. It is closer to both our work places and has way more space than our previous house. Hopefully ( once I decorate everything ) I'll attempt a house tour!

+ One of my good friends and college roommate, Emily, got married!! Besides looking absolutely gorgeous, she did a most excellent job at planning and decorating. Her wedding was stunning! Take a look.

+ I turned 23 this month! We took a little roadtrip to Washington D.C. where we went to IKEA, ate yummy food, and did a little shopping.


+ Unpacking, unpacking, and unpacking.

+ I've made every Sunday meal planning day. I scour my foodie board on Pinterest for inspiration and make an unbearably long grocery list.

+ My step-sister turned 13 and I helped my mom plan her a little birthday party for her and her friends. We had an Italian dinner and red velvet cupcakes for dessert. There was lots of giggling, movie watching, and popcorn making.

+ I have been taking Noah's ( the little boy I nanny ) nap time to get my creative juices flowing. I've been practicing and practicing hand-lettering, taking little walks around their house to get some fresh air, and reading.



This weekend we plan to hike Humpback Rock with our friends, Natalie and Drew. With all the busyness of this month, it's been quite a while since we've hung out! What are your weekend plans?

  1. thanks for linking to my wedding :) tommy and i plan on driving down to charlotte this weekend for a trip to ikea ourselves! your hike sounds fun, id love to try it out one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and I are planning a trip up to IKEA soon! I already have another list :)

      Delete
  2. Hand lettering for the win - love it.
    PS. Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really ought to set aside a meal planning day. I go grocery shopping on Saturdays but end up meal planning throughout the week. It'd be much easier if I just picked a day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has really helped me, but I often forget things and have to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have just about the prettiest pictures on this blog!

    ReplyDelete