July 4, 2013

Foodie 02:Americana Fruit Pie

foodie02

It's not like me to wait until the last minute to do something, but I did today. I came home from our town's parade with nothing in mind for what I should bring to our friend's cookout this evening. I knew I wanted it to be red, white, and blue - trying to be patriotic over here! I attempted to make this and like her used Reddi Whip due to the time crunch, but the Reddi Whip was not holding up. It's probably to it being so hot, but I was getting frustrated (Stephen was amused). At this point, I was just going to take a bowl of cut up strawberries and blueberries and call it a day. I walked away trying to think of something else to do, and voilĂ , my americana fruit pie was born.

foodie02
Ingredients:
1 container strawberries
1 container blueberries
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup granulated suger

Directions:
For the berries, clean them. Quarter strawberries. Mix berries together.

For the cream cheese mixture, mix cream cheese and sugar together while slowly adding the heavy cream in a steady stream. Continue beating until mixture is light and fluffy ( will look similar to whipped cream ).

Now, line the bottom of your dish ( I used a pie pan ) with fruit. Spoon half the cream cheese mixture over the fruit. Add another layer of fruit and top it off with the rest of the cream cheese mixture. I used the extra fruit to make the top pretty!

foodie02

This is probably one of the easiest dishes to prepare, but it sure is a good one. Quick and easy to make and even better to enjoy. Happy fourth!

  1. Looks so yummy! I'm not American, but I might have to try it anyway ;)

    Have a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete