October 7, 2013

taking time to rest

mushrooms01 mushrooms02
After reading my friend Emily's post, it reminded me how easy it is to get caught up in the busyness of the world, the need to be on the go 24/7. While we need to get things done, we also need to make time to be still. So this weekend I made a point to rest.

+ We ate at a cute little Italian cafe. I had lobster ravioli - so good!

+ I slept in and cuddled with my husband and kitties.

+ We got milkshakes and felt no guilt.

+ We took a long nature walk in the woods.

+ We got out the camera and took lots of photos.

+ We made dinner together and caught up on New Girl.

+ I treated myself to some office supplies and a new lamp for my office.

+ We finally took the time to hang up art in our house - still not even half way done.

+ I started The Kitchn Cure 2013 and decluttered and cleaned my fridge and freezer.

+ I made paleo pancakes and failed.

+ I hung out with my mom and step-sisters for a bit.

What did you do this weekend to rest?

  1. We took the weekend to rest as well! Attempted to sleep in, got my hair cut, shopped our (my) hearts out at Target + Michael's, and had take-out while catching up on New Girl :]

    Take pictures of your office! Must seeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you both took the weekend to rest. Isn't the best? We went to Target and Michael's as well! Got a few goodies too :)

      Delete