July 25, 2013

Foodie 04: Fresh Peach Cobbler

foodie04
Our friends, Nathan and Chloe, took us to the farmer's market when we were in Nashville. It knocked our local farmer's market out of the water. It had tons of restaurants, a garden center, and then of course the rows and rows of produce, baked goods, etc. I can't remember where I first heard about The Peach Truck, but I was sold from the beginning. The story, the design, and of course, the peaches are all so good. Well, I didn't know the peaches were that good until this past weekend. I can't even put into words how delicious their peaches were - so juicy and sweet. The info card does give fair waring ( pictured below ) saying "These are the best peaches you'll ever have. The best." We bought a bag for $7 and they were worth every single penny. I can't remember how many came in a bag, but only three made their way home. They were destined for a cobbler.
foodie04
foodie04
The nice lady at the booth gave us this info card and told us we HAD to make the peach cobbler recipe. She said it is super simple and the best she's ever had. We made it with Nathan and Chloe on Sunday evening and oh man was it good. I knew in that moment that my life was forever changed. ( Yes, it was that good. ) So here I am today, after making it a second time, sharing this delicious recipe with you.

Ingredients:
1 stick butter
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups freshly sliced and peeled Georgia peaches from The Peach Truck with small amount juice

Directions:
Melt stick of butter in baking dish in the oven. Mix flour, sugar, milk, vanilla and pour over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon peaches over mixture. Do not stir. Cook at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Serves about 6.

I didn't have any self-rising flour so I made my own. Just add 1 1/3 teaspoons baking powder and 1/3 teaspoon salt to 1 cup all-purpose flour. I also cooked mine for 50 minutes instead of the 40 because I wanted it more crispy.

foodie04
Now tell me that cobbler doesn't look amazing! While I know buying a box online is a little pricing, it is totally worth it. I promise. ( But I'm sure it would taste just as amazing if you used other peaches. ) If you make the cobbler, hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!
foodie04

  1. literally haven't stopped drooling throughout this post..

    ReplyDelete